Hello fellow mommies and mommies to be! The first 6 months of motherhood are as much about survival as they are about figuring out what works for you while getting your new momma groove. Usually the first 3 months are the trial and error period where you wonder if you can actually survive the ins and outs of your new role. Soooo I thought I would share some of the products that made my life just a little bit easier. If you are a mom to a newborn you know how amazing anything “easy” sounds right about now. Below are my 6 life saving products for the first 6 months! I hope they make your transition into motherhood just a little bit sweeter.
1. Baby Breeza Sterilizer & Dryer: A large portion of your day will be spent washing and sterilizing bottles. The Baby Breeza was an absolute breeze because it’s a one step Sterilizer and Dryer, and for me it was also storage. This saves you the drying time on that little grass looking tray that takes up extra space on your already baby product filled counter. In terms of quality I have zero complaints. It’s extremely durable, a “workhorse” as my husband would call it. Over a year of use, every day, multiple times a day and never an issue.
2. Dockatot: This will be your best friend from the moment you take the baby home from the hospital. If you have a Halo Bassinet (which should have also made this list) you can fit it perfectly inside. Not only is it comfortable for the baby, but it gave me piece of mind since she had less space to roll around. I took this everywhere with me and it also fit perfectly inside my luggage; I would put it inside first and then pack all my things over it. There isn’t a mom I know that hasn’t raved about how amazing this was. It’s so portable that it made it easy to have my eye on her all day long. I would carry it around the house with her in it and place her close to me as I did chores. It’s a little pricey, but worth every penny!
3. Baby’s Only Formula: I was able to breastfeed for a little over a year, but I didn’t have enough supply to do it exclusively. My pediatrician recommended this formula as well as the Honest brand linked below. I did my research and found that Baby’s Only had the best ingredients and came closest to breast milk. You can find it at Wholefoods, but sometimes their stock is very low. I recommend you buy it on the website by the box.
4. Balmex Diaper Rash Cream: I mentioned in a previous post how my little one got a nasty diaper rash in the NICU. It was so heartbreaking to hear her cry with every diaper change, but Balmex healed her so quickly. If you are struggling with a bad diaper rash skip the Desitin and purchase this cream, your baby will thank you!
5. Waterproof Changing Pads: These washable pads were the absolute best thing. I can’t tell you how many times I got pee and poop on her changing station! I also wasn’t a fan of the pad that came with my diaper bag, it wasn’t very soft. These pads are very affordable so you can stock up on a few and wash and dry them as you use them. I would always place them under her if I was changing her on the couch or anywhere for that matter. It’s a towel on one side and the back side is an impermeable fabric.
6. Honest Diaper Bundle: These are the absolute best diapers in the universe! I swear by them! I tried Pampers brand and Huggies and there is no way I could use anything other than Honest. The quality is quite obvious once you compare them to other brands, not to mention the adorable prints they come in. What’s even better is you can order a Bundle online and they ship you a box every month. The best part is you can change your ship date whenever you want, so there is no obligation to receive them every single month. I also love their overnight diapers, they came in handy once she started sleeping through the night.